Lost or Stolen Keys?
Most of us have probably arrived home after a day at work, or a trip to the corner shop, confident that our keys are in our pocket only to find that they aren’t! This is never a good situation to be in as it can be difficult working out where exactly the keys are so that you can get back into your house.
Most of the time they have just been misplaced and are in the pocket of the coat you didn’t wear today or are still on the table in the house. But, occasionally the worst can happen, and your keys might have been stolen, or you’ve lost them somewhere during the day.
Instead of beating yourself up over this give us at Locksmith Adelaide Quote so that we can get our expert technicians on the case as soon as possible. Don’t let a set of keys ruin your day, our expert locksmiths can get you back inside your house and cut you a new key, or even rekey your locks on the same day!
With our high-quality, speedy service there is no need for you to worry about you and your family being locked out of your house for hours and hours. We have a number of specialists deployed across Adelaide so that we can be with you within a matter of minutes. You can rely on our specialists to help you out whatever the problem. Our mobile vans are equipped with the latest tools and technology so we can readily offer you any locksmith service you need be it lock repairs, home safes or whatever.
What Do I Do If My Keys Have Been Stolen?
Having your keys stolen is a much bigger problem. It can cause you to start worrying and panicking about the safety and security of you and your home. Key theft is a problem that is slowly growing in size so here is a quick guide on what to do if you find yourself in this situation:
- If your car keys are stolen and you don’t replace the locks immediately, it’s a good idea to make sure you do not leave you vehicle parked directly outside your home or office until you do. This ensures that thieves who have your car keys don’t have easy access to your car.
- A steering wheel block or clamp is a great way of increasing your vehicle’s security until your problem has been solved.
- Informing the police as soon as possible is incredibly important. Pass on any information and providing them with any details you may have about what you think may have happened. This makes sure that you have documentation for your insurance claim.
- Make sure that you don’t leave your keys in the same location as before. Thieves like to revisit properties and if they know how to get your keys, their job is made much easier.
How Can I Avoid Having My Keys Stolen?
There are a number of things that you can do to minimise the risk of having your keys stolen. These simple steps can make a great deal of difference when it comes to increasing the security of your keys and protecting your vehicle and property.
- Keep your car keys and house keys separate. This ensures that, more often that not, thieves won’t be able to steal both at the same time. This can save on the cost of replacing locks, as there won’t be as many that need to be changed.
- Leave your spare keys with a friend or neighbour you trust. You should never leave a spare key under a door mat or in a plant pot. Thieves know that these are common places to hide keys and might look around to find any keys that you’ve hidden.
- Don’t leave purses, bags, or briefcases out in the open. Always keep an eye on them in public and make sure that they are in a safe place when at work. Leaving your bags unattended makes them an easy target for thieves.
These situations can occur at any time. We understand just how stressful and worrying a situation like this can be and are committed to helping you out as quickly as possible. Our specialists can be with you within a matter of minutes after you give us a call so that you can get inside your house or vehicle and carry on with your life as soon as possible.
Our emergency hotline is open 24/7 so that whenever disaster strikes, we are available and can be with you quickly. No matter what time of day, whether it’s the middle of the afternoon or the early hours of the morning, we will be there to help you.
So, if you have lost your keys or worse, had your keys stolen, give us a call now, we’ll be with you as soon as possible to fix any problems whatsoever!